POSITION TITLE: Front Desk Assistant
REPORTS TO: Clinic Manager
HOURS OF WORK: Part-time position (may include some evenings and weekends)
POSITION SUMMARY: The Front Desk is responsible for the day to day operation of the front desk (reception area) of the BINM clinic. This includes managing patient flow, managing patient charts, tracking patient sales, and assisting in training of student clinical assistants. The clinic is open most evenings and on Saturdays, so flexible shift schedules may include some evenings and weekends.
1. Answer phones, book and confirm appointments;
2. Manage patient flow procedures and maintain a comfortable atmosphere in the waiting area;
3. Ensure patient chart preparation is completed, all charts are properly labelled, formatted, and secure;
4. Filing and maintenance of security of confidential patient information, cashbox, and keys;
5. Calculate and collect payment for services using the clinic computer system and reconcile cash at the end of the shift;
6. Provides training for student clinical assistants; supervises and instructs those who will assist in the fulfillment of front desk patient care responsibilities;
7. Inputs new product information into the computer, updating prices and other information as needed;
At least two years of post-secondary education with a minimum of two years of customer service experience in a multitask enviornment that includes processing cash and credit transactions.
Highly organized, strong work ethic, commitment to performance delivery on time and on budget, sound business thinking, creativity and initiative, excellent communication, customer service and teamwork skills, intermediate computer skills and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
Applicant must pass a criminal record check.
Only those applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted.
About the Boucher Institute:
The Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine is Western Canada’s only accredited naturopathic medical school, offering students naturopathic medical education of the highest standard with rigorous four- and six-year programs. Boucher Institute graduates are leaders in the practice of naturopathic medicine—with a strong commitment to the ongoing practice of self-reflection and personal growth, a passionate belief in the efficacy of complementary medicine and a commitment to leading our world toward sustainable health.
An innovator in research, education and clinical training, the Boucher Institute also operates a fully equipped clinic, where senior clinicians, under the tutelage of licensed Naturopathic Doctors, offer patients a wide array of treatments, including clinical nutrition, acupuncture, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, wellness counselling and physical and botanical medicine.