We recognize that your education is a big investment. That’s why we're here to support you with a number of scholarships and bursaries (coming soon).
Please note: recipients of financial awards must report the amount on a T4A Slip when filing annual taxes with Canada Revenue Agency.
Early Applicant Boucher Institute Entrance Scholarship
Sponsored by: The Boucher Institute
Number of scholarships: 2
Value of scholarships: $4500 per scholarship (non-renewable)
- All first year students are eligible for the award. Advanced standing and transfer students are not eligible.
- A complete application is received by Boucher Admissions by the following date:
- January 3, 2017 for the Fall 2017 intake
- June 30, 2017 for the Winter 2018 intake
- Entrance scholarships are offered to top-ranking applicants who score high in the admissions interview or scored high on other admissions criteria.
- The Admissions Committee considers all eligible applicants who meet the above deadline for non-renewable entrance scholarships.
- An entrance scholarship is typically offered with an offer of admission into the program; however some candidates may receive an entrance scholarship after enrolment.
The scholarship will be credited to the 2nd tuition payment of Year I of the program. Recipients must be in good academic standing in the program to receive the tuition credit. Applicants may only be considered for an early applicant scholarship for the original intake applied for. Applicants are only eligible for one entrance scholarship.
BOUCHER INSTITUTE ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP
Sponsored by: The Boucher Institute
Number of scholarships: 4
Value of scholarships: $3,000 per scholarship (non-renewable)
All first year students are eligible for the award. Advanced standing and transfer students are not eligible.
Entrance scholarships are offered to top-ranking applicants who score high in the admissions interview or scored high on other admissions criteria.
The Admissions Committee considers all eligible applicants for non-renewable entrance scholarships.
An entrance scholarship is typically offered with an offer of admission into the program; however some candidates may receive an entrance scholarship after enrolment.
Scholarship decision deadline: Ongoing
The scholarship will be credited to the 2nd tuition payment of Year I of the program. Recipients must be in good academic standing in the program to receive the tuition credit. *Applicants are only eligible for one entrance scholarship
^ to top
Dr. Patricia Wolfe Scholarship
Through her wisdom, compassion and dedication, Dr. Wolfe has helped to create a community of contemplative and self-reflective leaders and healers. As a tribute to her enduring legacy at this institution, the Dr. Patricia Wolfe Scholarship will be awarded to a first-year student who best demonstrates a commitment to engaging the community, and embodies self-reflection and contemplative values in her or his life.
Sponsored by: The Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
Award Amount: $2500 (non-renewable)
Number of awards: 2 (1 per intake)
• Student must be registered in full-time studies (minimum of 60% course load) in Year 1 of the Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine program.
• Advanced Standing and Transfer Applicants are not eligible for this scholarship.
• January 3, 2017 by 4pm PST (for the Winter 2017 intake)
• September 6, 2017 by 4pm PST (for Fall 2017 intake)
• Complete the Dr. Wolfe Scholarship Application Form
• Submit an updated résumé that details all relevant examples of volunteerism (please do not include anything prior to the start of your undergraduate studies), including total number of hours volunteered for each organization listed and the name and contact details of a person who may be able to validate your commitment to that organization (note: the Awards Committee may contact the person listed to learn more about your volunteer role).
• Submit an essay of no more than 1200 words that answers the following questions (the essay must be double-spaced, with the applicant’s name on each page):
o Describe your three most memorable volunteer experiences. What made the experience memorable? Be sure to briefly outline the role and why you chose to volunteer with that organization.
o How do you hope to further strengthen the Boucher Institute and/or the community at large while a student in the program?
o Describe how you incorporate self-reflection into your life. Explain the role you think self-reflection will play in your education and transition into a naturopathic physician.
• The application form, résumé and essay must be submitted care of the Awards Committee to the Student Services Department (Student Services Officer) no later than the listed application deadline.
• The application form, résumé and essay may be submitted electronically by email to
or by mail to:
The Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine
C/O Student Services
435 Columbia St, Suite 230
New Westminster, BC
Please note that incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
Selection criteria, recipient notification, conditions and process:
The $2500 scholarship will be granted to the individual who best embodies the spirit of Dr. Wolfe as based off of the following criteria:
1. Résumé showing demonstrated commitment to volunteerism and the community. Please provide an estimate of the total number of hours completed for each volunteer role listed. Note: the Awards Committee may choose to contact your volunteer supervisor to confirm the hours.
2. Academic performance in all post-secondary studies (as demonstrated on transcripts submitted as part of application to the program). The Award Committee will calculate a cumulative GPA for all post-secondary studies.
3. Ability to respond to the scholarship essay questions.
• The fall scholarship will be credited to the recipient’s second tuition installment of the first year of the program. The winter scholarship will be credited to the recipient’s third term tuition payment in the first year of the program.
• Students must register for credit as a full time student (60% course load) for the entire 2016 - 2017 academic year.
• Challenge, audit, prior credit recognition and credit free courses will not be counted towards the 60% course load.
• The award will be cancelled if the recipient does not register, or subsequently changes to on-leave status. Students who register in a subsequent year may reapply for the scholarship.
• The scholarship is applicable only for the academic year indicated and may not be deferred.